It was named Tehran UFO for the sighting of an unidentified flying object in the early morning of September 19, 1976 over Tehran, the capital of Iran.

In the early morning of September 19, 1976 at 0:30 local time, the Imperial Iranian Air Force received four phone calls from citizens living in the Shermiran district of the capital, who reported seeing strange objects in the sky.

Some reported a bird-shaped object, others reported a helicopter with a searchlight. The Iranian Air Force decided to solve the case by sending an F-4 Phantom II fighter to investigate the origin of the phenomenon and intercept a possible intruder.

The Iranian fighter jet took off at 01:30 local time and headed for a point about 75 km north of Tehran. Due to its brightness, the unidentified object was clearly visible from a distance of 130 kilometers.

When the F-4 approached 45 kilometers from an unidentified object, it lost all instruments and communications, so it aborted the intercept to return to base. As he turned his back on the unknown object and began to move away, he recovered his tools and communications.

At about 1:40 local time, a second F-4 took off to inspect the facility. Having reached approximately 45 kilometers, the UFO retired and remained at the same distance. Its size was difficult to determine due to its intense brightness. Their light was like strobe lights in a rectangular pattern that rapidly cycled through blue, green, red and orange so quickly that all four colors could be seen at the same time.

The object and the F-4 were on a trajectory south of Tehran when another luminous body with an apparent size of half or a third of the Moon left the first object. The second object headed straight for the F-4 at high speed.

Pilot Parviz Jafari attempted to launch an AIM-9 missile at the facility, but at that moment his weapons panel went offline and he lost contact.

Faced with this situation, Jafari began a turn with the second object very close behind, about 5 or 7 kilometers, but then returned to the original body and merged with it. Shortly thereafter, a third body appeared on the other side of the first phenomenon and descended at great speed.

The F-4 crew, having restored communications and weapons control, watched as this third object approached the ground, expecting an explosion. However, this phenomenon seemed to rest gently on the ground and cast a very bright light over an area of about 2-3 km.

F-4s similar to those being chased by UFOs.

F-4 descended and continued to monitor the position of the third object. Shortly thereafter, the F-4 returned to base and landed, but on approach it spotted a fourth UFO, a cylindrical object with bright lights on the sides and a flashing light in the middle.

A commercial aircraft approaching Mehrabad International Airport experienced a communication failure at the same time, but did not report seeing anything abnormal.

After sunrise, the F-4 crews were flown by helicopter to the area where the third object had apparently landed, but did not notice anything unusual about the location, which was a dry lake bed.

However, to the west of this place, they found a small house with a garden, so they landed nearby and asked the inhabitants of the house if they had noticed anything unusual during the night. They reported hearing a very loud noise and seeing a very bright light that looked like lightning.

Subsequently, on November 12, 2007, General (right) of the Iranian Air Force Parviz Jafari shared his testimony during a meeting at the National Press Club in Washington, USA, where soldiers from different countries gathered to share their experiences in connection with anomalous air phenomena. .

“One of the objects headed towards me. I thought it was a rocket. I tried throwing a heat chase missile at him, but my missile shield went offline. Another one followed me when I went down on my return (to the base),” Jafari said again on this occasion.

This incident was so significant and shocking that the report you just read is a translation of a declassified document written by Capt. Henry S. Shields of the United States Air Force in Europe (USAFE), which you can read here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *